|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Florida's 20th district
|Assumed office |
January 3, 1993
|Preceded by||Constituency established|
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida|
November 2, 1979 – October 20, 1989
|Nominated by||Jimmy Carter|
|Preceded by||Seat established|
|Succeeded by||Federico Moreno|
Alcee Lamar Hastings
September 5, 1936
Altamonte Springs, Florida, U.S.
Fisk University (BA)
Florida A&M University (JD)
Alcee Lamar Hastings // (born September 5, 1936) is an American politician and judge. He is the U.S. Representative for Florida's 20th congressional district serving since January 3, 1993. The district includes most of the majority-black precincts in and around Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach. He is a Democrat.
Hastings served as a judge on the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida until his impeachment and removal due to Hastings being involved in bribery-related actions.
References[change | change source]
- Senate Removes Hastings, The Washington Post, October 21, 1989. Retrieved March 14, 2012.
- "Rep. Alcee Hastings diagnosed with pancreatic cancer". The Washington Post. January 14, 2019. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikisource has original works written by or about:|
- Congressman Alcee Hastings official U.S. House site
- Alcee L. Hastings for Congress
- Alcee Hastings at the Open Directory Project
- Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- Voting record maintained by The Washington Post
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Campaign finance reports and data at the Federal Election Commission
- Alcee Lamar Hastings at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.