Alejandro Jodorowsky Prullansky (Spanish: [aleˈxandɾo xoðoˈɾofski]; born 17 February 1929) is a Chilean movie and theatre director, screenwriter, playwright, actor, author, poet, producer, composer, musician, comic book writer. He also gives spiritual advice. He was known for his movies Tusk (1980), the horror Santa Sangre (1989) and the failed blockbuster The Rainbow Thief (1990).
He is best known for his avant-garde movies. He is popular among cult cinema fans for his work. His movies are "filled with violently surreal images" and a mix of "mysticism and religious provocation".
He was born in Tocopilla, Chile.
References[change | change source]
- El libro de la sabiduría – Daniel Ramos – Google Libros. Books.google.com.mx. https://books.google.com/books?id=nlm81rfR-4cC&pg=PA275&dq=1929+Jodorowsky+tocopilla&hl=es&ei=yDTmTobyEsnHsQKv-8SaBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&sqi=2&ved=0CEQQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=1929%20Jodorowsky%20tocopilla&f=false. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- "¡Feliz cumpleaños!". 16 February 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-02-21. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- "Alejandro Jodorowsky: ¡Gracias infinitas mis queridos amigos!". 18 February 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-02-19. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- "Jodorwsky vs. Adanowsky". Ccaa.elpais.com.
- "Entrevista a Alejandro Jodorowsky". YouTube. 4 November 2013.
- Church, David. "Alejandro Jodorowsky". Senses of Cinema. http://archive.sensesofcinema.com/contents/directors/07/jodorowsky.html.