Panoramic view of Alexander Palace in 2010
|Design and construction|
The Alexander Palace (Russian: Александровский дворец) used to be a place where rulers lived. It was in Tsarskoye Selo, near St Petersburg. It is mostly famous for being the place where the last Russian Emperor Nicholas II and his family lived. It is in the Alexander Park. It was called an "elegant building" with the "greatest simplicity" and "comfort".
References[change | change source]
- Shvidkovskiĭ 2007, p. 287.
- The Alexander Palace in Detskoe Selo by V.I.Yakovlev (Leningrad 1927) p.39-40
Other websites[change | change source]
- Media related to Alexander Palace at Wikimedia Commons
- Alexander Palace Time Machine
- Official website of the palace
- World Monuments Fund - Alexander Palace