|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: alternative.|
In natural language and in cognitive decision-making, alternative is one of two things/(abstract or real objects)/actions which can be chosen. From a specific perspective/(point of view)/goal, alternatives are always equivalent.
In different contexts alternative (or Alternativism) may refer to :
- Alternative rock, a style of rock music
- Alternative algebra, an abstract algebra with alternative multiplication
- Alternative comics, one of several labels applied to a range of comic strips and books
- Alternative comedy, a range of styles used by comedians and writers in the 1980s
- Alternative culture, a variety of subcultures outside or on the fringes of so-called accepted mainstream culture
- Alternative dispute resolution, processes and techniques outside the traditional mainstream of jurisprudence
- Alternative lifestyle, a lifestyle that it is not within the generally perceived cultural norm
- Alternative media, media practices falling outside the mainstreams of corporate communication
- Alternative medicine, methods and practices used in place of, or in addition to, conventional medical treatments
- Alternative society, alternative models for society and social change
- Alternative education, alternatives to traditional education
- Alternative school, a school geared towards students whose needs cannot be met in the traditional school such as underachievers who do not qualify for special education, rather than educational alternatives for all students
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.