Andrew John Heyward is an independent media consultant in Manhattan, New York. Heyward is a principal in MarketspaceNext LLC and in his own practice, Heyward Advisory LLC. He is a senior advisor to Monitor Deloitte. He was formerly president of CBS News from January 1996 to November 2005. Before that he was an executive producer for the CBS Evening News (October 1994-January 1996). He has won 12 national Emmy Awards.
Early life[change | change source]
Heyward was born in New York in 1950. His parents were E. J. R. and Elisabeth Heyward. In 1972 he graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in history and literature. Heyward is a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Career[change | change source]
He was going to go to Law school but took a job as a production assistant at WNYW-TV in New York. He became a producer. He then was hired by WCBS and became the news producer within a year. In 1981 he took a job as a field producer at CBS. In 1984 he was promoted to senior producer of the CBS Evening News. Then in 1986 he was senior broadcast producer of the CBS Evening News With Dan Rather. In 1994 he became the vice president of CBS News and executive producer of the CBS Evening News. He became president of CBS News in January 1996.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 "Andrew Heyward". Simulmedia. Archived from the original on 19 March 2015. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Bootie Cosgrove-Mather (21 November 2002). "Andrew Heyward". CBS Interactive Inc. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- ↑ "Priscilla Painton and Andrew Heyward". New York Times. 23 February 2014. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Encyclopedia of Television News ed. Michael D. Murray (Phoenix, AZ: Oryx Press, 1999), p. 97
Other websites[change | change source]
- Heyward Advisory web page Archived 2014-12-19 at the Wayback Machine