||This article needs to be updated. (May 2017)|
Anthony David Weiner (born September 4, 1964) is a former member of the United States House of Representatives. He represented the 9th district of the state of New York. Weiner is a member of the Democratic Party.
Early political career[change | change source]
In 2011, Weiner became involved in a scandal after his Twitter account sent a woman a picture of a man with an erection. At first, Weiner said that he had not sent the picture and that somebody must have hacked into his account. However, a few days later, he admitted that he had sent the picture and that he had been having sexual conversations with several women through Twitter.
Personal life[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "The Arena: - Rep. Anthony Weiner Bio". politico.com. 2011 [last update]. Retrieved June 7, 2011. Check date values in:
- "Anthony D. Weiner". jewishvirtuallibrary.org. 2005 [last update]. Retrieved June 7, 2011. Check date values in:
- "Anthony Weiner’s Big Ego". New Yorker Magazine. June 2, 2011. http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/06/anthony_weiners_big_ego.html.
- Kelly, Jack (June 5, 2011). "Weiner's troubling tweet". The Pittsburg Post-Gazette. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11156/1151175-373-0.stm.
- Unanswered questions in Anthony Weiner's hack story – NYPOST.com
- Weiner apologizes for lying, 'terrible mistakes,' refuses to resign – CNN.com
- Bash, Dana (June 16, 2011]). "Weiner resigns after sexting scandal - CNN". cnn.com. Retrieved June 18, 2011. Check date values in: