|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Charleston, South Carolina|
|Key people||David Steinberger, CEO|
|Imprints||The History Press, Legendary Locals|
|No. of employees||108|
Arcadia Publishing is an American publisher. They publish neighborhood, local, and regional history of the United States in pictorial form. Arcadia Publishing also owns the History Press, which publishes text-driven books on American history and folklore.
History[change | change source]
It was created in Dover, New Hampshire, in 1993 by United Kingdom-based Tempus Publishing. It became independent after being bought by its CEO in 2004. The company office is in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
The History Press[change | change source]
The History Press is a subsidiary publishing house that is owned by Arcadia. Its books are mostly about "narratives of local heroes, tragic losses, collections of homegrown recipes, historic mysteries, and everything in between."
Legendary Locals[change | change source]
Legendary Locals is an imprint of The History Press.
References[change | change source]
- Moore, Thad (2017-05-30). "Mount Pleasant-based Arcadia Publishing buys Charleston-based self-publishing service in effort to diversify business". The Post and Courier. Retrieved 2018-03-23.
- "Histories in the Making". The Philadelphia Inquirer. April 11, 2002 – via Newsbank.
- Nolte, Carl (October 27, 2005). "Mini-Americana Publisher Finds Small to Be Bountiful". San Francisco Chronicle.
- Rice, Mark (Fall 2009). "Arcadian Visions of the Past" (PDF). Columbia Journal of American Studies. Vol. 9. pp. 7–26. Retrieved September 19, 2017.(analysis of the successful Images of America series).
- "Neighborhood Life". Neighborhoodlife.net. Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- "Our Story". Arcadia Publishing. Retrieved June 11, 2009.
- "Investor group acquires Arcadia Publishing". Charlestonbusiness.com. Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- "The History Press". Arcadia Publishing. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- "Arcadia Publishing Buys The History Press". Publishers Weekly. July 9, 2014. Retrieved January 23, 2018.
- "Legendary Locals Books - Individuals That Wrote Our History". Arcadia Publishing. Retrieved May 16, 2020.