|Recorded||August 1992 in|
|Producer||Count Grishnackh, Eirik Hundvin|
Aske (Norwegian: ashes) is an extended play by the Norwegian black metal solo project Burzum. The EP was recorded in August of 1992 in Grieg Hall, Bergen, Norway. It was released in March of 1993 through Deathlike Silence Productions.
Background[change | change source]
The cover of the EP is a photograph of the Fantoft Stave Church after it was burned down on 6 June 1992. It is believed that Varg Vikernes took the photo himself. In 1994 he was convicted of burning down the Fantoft Stave Church along with other historic churches.
Tracks[change | change source]
All songs written and composed by Count Grishnackh.
|1.||"Stemmen fra tårnet" ("The Voice from the Tower")||6:09|
|2.||"Dominus Sathanas" ("Master Satan")||3:02|
|3.||"A Lost Forgotten Sad Spirit"||10:51|
People[change | change source]
- Count Grishnackh – vocals, guitar, drums, bass (except tracks 1, 3), production
- Samoth – bass (tracks 1, 3)
- Pytten – production
Other websites[change | change source]
- Burzum "Aske" (mini-LP) 1993 at burzum.org
References[change | change source]
- "Burzum - Aske - Encyclopedia Metallum". Encyclopedia Metallum. Retrieved 2 November 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Christe, Ian (2003). Sound of the Beast: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal. New York City, New York: HarperCollins Publishers Inc. p. 277.
- Campion, Chris (20 February 2005). "In the Face of Death". The Observer. Guardian Unlimited. Retrieved 13 August 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Top 10 Worst Crimes Committed by Black Metal Musicians". Metal Injection LLC. Retrieved 2 November 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)