BASIC is one of the first programming languages ever to be created. It was first used as a programming language on console computers. The name is an acronym (a word made from other words) that spells Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code.
A specialized version of Basic is Bliz basic. It is specially for coding games.
History[change | change source]
- Be easy for beginners to use
- Be a general-purpose programming language
- Allow extra features to be added for experienced programmers.
- Be interactive
- Provide clear and friendly error messages
- Fast results for small programs
- Does not require knowledge about computer hardware
- Stop the user from editing the operating system
The creators made the compiler free of charge to make programmers interested in using the language. Since the creation, many other compilers and interpreters have been made so users can make their programs.
Code example[change | change source]
Code prints number 36 to screen.