Barcelona Metro line 5
Line 5 (L5), currently known as Cornellà Centre - Horta, its termini, and often simply called "Línia Blava" (Blue line) is line belonging to the Barcelona Metro network operated by TMB, and part of the ATM fare-integrated transport network.
Overview[change | change source]
It first opened in 1959. Line 5 is currently 16.6 km. long and has 23 stations, from Cornellà to Horta in the northern part of Barcelona, where it's going to be extended towards Vall d'Hebron, meeting L3.
Chronology[change | change source]
- 1959 - Sagrera-Meridiana section opened (as the former L2)
- 1967 - Vilapicina-Horta section opened (as the former L2)
- 1969 - Collblanc-Diagonal/Provença section opened.
- 1970 - Diagonal/Provença-Sagrera-Meridiana section opened. The line then known as L2 integrated into L5.
- 1973 - Collblanc-Pubilla Cases section opened.
- 1976 - Pubilla Cases-Sant Ildefons section opened.
- 1983 - Sant Ildefons-Cornellà section opened.
Technical details[change | change source]
- Colour on map: Blue
- Number of stations: 23
- Type: Conventional metro
- Length: 16.7 km (10.4 mi)
- Rolling stock: Unitats 1100
- Journey time: 30 minutes
- Track gauge: 1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)
- Traction: Electricity
- Power supply: Rigid overhead wire
- Open-air sections: Yes (Can Boixeras)
- Mobile phone coverage: Partial
- Depots: Can Boixeres, Vilapicina
- Operator: TMB
Current stations[change | change source]
Station and line names in italics are under construction.
- Cornellà Centre (T1, T2, RENFE)
- Sant Ildefons
- Can Boixeres
- Can Vidalet
- Pubilla Cases
- Ernest Lluch - under construction.
- Collblanc (L9, L10)
- Plaça de Sants (L2)
- Sants Estació (L3, RENFE)
- Hospital Clínic
- Diagonal (L3; Provença: L6, L7)
- Verdaguer (L4)
- Sagrada Família (L2)
- Sant Pau-Dos de Maig
- Camp de l'Arpa
- Sagrera (L1, L4, L9, L10)
- Maragall (L4)
- Virrei Amat
- El Carmel (under construction)
- La Teixonera (under construction)
- Vall d'Hebron (under construction) (L3)