|Settled||as Euesperides (circa 525 BC)|
• Berenice (circa middle of 3rd century BC)|
• Barneeq (circa middle of 7th century AD)
• Marsa ibn Ghazi (circa 16th century)
• Bani Ghazi
|•||314 km2 (121 sq mi)|
|Elevation||2 m (7 ft)|
|• Total||over 650,000|
Benghazi is a city and district in Libya. It is the second largest city in the country with 670,797 people (2006). It is also the capital of the Cyrenaica region. It was the former provisional capital of the National Transitional Council. It is on the Mediterranean Sea.
References[change | change source]
- Wolfram Alpha
- . Der Spiegel. 23 August 2011
- Staff (26 February 2011). "Libya's Ex-Justice Minister Forms Interim Government in Benghazi – Former Libyan Minister Says Gadhafi 'Alone' Bore Responsibility for Crimes That Occurred, Qurnya Newspaper Reports". Haaretz. Retrieved 13 September 2011.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Benghazi at Wikimedia Commons