Berta Riaza Gómez
27 July 1927
Berta Riaza Gómez (born 27 July 1927) is a Spanish actress. She starred in over 100 movies and 60 stage productions during her near-60 year career.
Life[change | change source]
Her career mainly was focused on movies and stage roles. However, she appeared in a few television shows with Televisión Española. In 1980, she starred as Doña Guillermina in the miniseries Fortunata y Jacinta.
In 2003, Riaza retired saying that the only roles she was getting were in unpopular stage plays.
Awards[change | change source]
- National Theater Award (1992)
- Union of Actors Award for Best Secondary Theater Performance (1995)
- Union of Actors Lifetime Award (1997)
- Gold Medal of Merit in the Fine Arts (2007)
References[change | change source]
- El País, ed. (9 August 2004). "Me retiro. Estoy cansada, necesito disfrutar trabajando" (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 November 2012.