Bikini Kill was an American punk rock band. The band was started in October 1990 in Olympia. The band's members were singer Kathleen Hanna, guitarist Billy Karren, bassist Kathi Wilcox, and drummer Tobi Vail.
History[change | change source]
The band was started in Olympia, Washington by Kathleen Hanna (vocals), Billy Karren (guitar), Kathi Wilcox (bass), and Tobi Vail (drums). They released a demo cassette tape in 1991. They were then signed to Kill Rock Stars. Their first extended play Bikini Kill was released on the label. In September 1993 the band's first album Pussy Whipped was released. The band's last album, Reject All American was released in 1996. In 1997 the band broke up. In 2012 Bikini Kill was released again. In 2014 Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah was released again.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Bikini Kill: Bikini Kill EP". Pitchfork.
- 1990s American music groups
- 1990 establishments in the United States
- American punk bands
- Musical groups established in 1990
- Musical groups disestablished in 1997
- Musical groups from Washington (state)
- Olympia, Washington
- 1990s establishments in Washington (state)
- 1990s disestablishments in Washington (state)