Binge eatingis a disease reflected characterized by episodes of compulsive overeating.
It has the following features:
- People eat too much, which is known as overeating. When this happens, they often lose control, and cannot stop.
- Very often, they eat more food than other people in the same time.
- People feel very painful and distraught while or after eating.
- People want to make up the consequences of binge eating by some inappropriate and unhealthy ways.
The vicious cycle of binge eating
It can make people feel contented briefly, but after that, the self-accusation occurs to them, and they will use some crazy ways to keep their weight. Therefore, people overeat for feeling better, then feel worse, and go back to overeating for relief, which forms a vicious cycle.
others: If binge eating becomes a pattern, this is an eating disorder. People who suffer from this have a high risk of weight gain. They may feel ashamed of their eating habits and become depressed. People who binge and then purge, (usually by vomiting), have a different eating disorder called bulimia. People with anorexia may also binge and purge.
References[change | change source]
- "Binge Eating Disorder". Helpguide.org.. http://www.helpguide.org/articles/eating-disorders/binge-eating-disorder.htm. Retrieved 12 March 2015.