Black magic has traditionally referred to the use of supernatural powers for evil and selfish purposes. In modern times, some think the definition of "black magic" has been used by people for any type of magic practice that is disapproved of and thought of as evil or satanic.
Black magic practices[change | change source]
- True name spells, knowing a person's true name to control them
- Immortality, wishing to live beyond a natural lifespan
- Curses, magically making something bad happen to someone else
- Necromancy, practices involving spirits and the dead
References[change | change source]
- J. Gordon Melton, ed. (2001). "Black Magic". Encyclopedia of Occultism & Parapsychology. Vol 1: A–L (Fifth ed.). Gale Research Inc. ISBN 0-8103-9488-X