A blindfold is a piece of cloth tied over a person's eyes. Sometimes a blindfold is made of material other than cloth. Blindfolds make it impossible to see. They are used for many different reasons:
- To cover the eyes of a person who is blind.
- They are used in some games played by children on a playground.
- As sleep masks to help a person sleep when there is too much light.
- In a ransom so that a person cannot see the kidnappers.
- In magic tricks.
- For erotic play.
In art, Justice is sometimes made to look like a woman wearing a blindfold.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Blindfolds|
- "Sleep masks explained". www.earplugsguide.com. http://www.earplugsguide.com/best-sleep-mask-reviews/. Retrieved 12 February 2016.