Bobby Joe Long
Robert Joseph Long (October 14, 1953 – May 23, 2019), also known as Bobby Joe Long, was an American serial killer and rapist. He abducted, sexually assaulted and murdered at least 10 women in the Tampa Bay Area in Florida during an eight-month period in 1984. For the murder of one of victims, Michelle Sims, he was sentenced to death. According to the Florida Department of Corrections, Long had one five-year sentence, four 99-year sentences, 28 life sentences and one death sentence. He was born in Kenova, West Virginia.
Long was executed by lethal injection on May 23, 2019 at Florida State Prison in Raiford, Florida.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Farrington, Brendan (May 23, 2019). "A Serial Killer Who Murdered 10 Women Has Been Executed in Florida". Time. Starke, Florida. Archived from the original on May 24, 2019. Retrieved May 24, 2019.
- 1953 births
- 2019 deaths
- American kidnappers
- American people convicted of assault
- American people convicted of murder
- American prisoners sentenced to death
- American rapists
- American robbers
- American serial killers
- Drug-related deaths in the United States
- Executed American serial killers
- People executed by lethal injection
- People from West Virginia