Brazilian Democratic Movement
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Founded||4 December 1965 (original MDB)|
30 June 1981 (registered as PMDB)
19 December 2017 (altered its name back to MDB)
|Dissolved||20 December 1979 (original MDB)|
|Headquarters||Câmara dos Deputados - Presidência do MDB, Ed. Principal sala T4 - Esplanada dos Ministérios|
|Political position||Centre to centre-right|
Centre to centre-left
Yellow, red and black
|TSE Identification Number||15|
|Chamber of Deputies|
34 / 513
12 / 81
7 / 27
147 / 1,024
1,022 / 5,570
7,825 / 56,810
The Brazilian Democratic Movement (Portuguese: Movimento Democrático Brasileiro, MDB) is a Brazilian centrist political party. When they were founded, they were the opposition to the Brazilian military government.
References[change | change source]
- Rhodes, Sybil (2006). Social Movements and Free-Market Capitalism in Latin America. State University of New York Press. p. 117.
- Lansford, Tom, ed. (2014). "Switzerland". Political Handbook of the World 2014. CQ Press/SAGE. p. 183.
- "Direita ou esquerda? Análise de votações indica posição de partidos brasileiros no espectro ideológico". BBC News Brasil.
- "Roberto Requião critica projeto de Temer de "neoliberal"". Jornal GGN. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- Sara Brandellero; Derek Pardue; Georg Wink, eds. (2020). Living (Il)legalities in Brazil: Practices, Narratives and Institutions in a Country on the Edge. Routledge. ISBN 9781000057683.
- "Michel Temer: Brazil ex-president arrested in corruption probe". BBC. 21 March 2019. Retrieved 18 June 2020.
Mr Temer, from the centre-right MDB party, took over the Brazilian presidency in August 2016 following the impeachment of leftist Dilma Rousseff, a process in which he played a key role.
- Power, Timothy J. (2008). Kingstone, Peter (ed.). Centering Democracy?: Ideological Cleavages and Convergence in the Brazilian Political Class. Democratic Brazil Revisited. University of Pittsburgh Press. p. 89.
- Porto, Mauro P. (2008). Democratization and Election News Coverage in Brazil. Handbook of Election News Coverage Around the World. Routledge. p. 253.