|Born||1972/1973 (age 49–50)|
|Education||Bachelor of Science|
|Years active||1992 – present|
|Net worth||US$2.5 Billion|
He previously worked at Yahoo!, and currently co-founded of WhatsApp.
Education[change | change source]
Acton graduated from Lake Howell High School. Acton started studying engineering from the University of Pennsylvania but left after a year to study at Stanford. He holds bachelor's degree in computer science from Stanford University.
Career[change | change source]
In 1992, he became a systems administrator for Rockwell International, before becoming a product tester at Apple Inc. and Adobe Systems. In 1996, he became the 44th employee hired by Yahoo inc.
References[change | change source]
- "Signal Foundation". signal.org. Retrieved 2021-05-02.
- "Brian Acton". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- Marlinspike, Moxie; Acton, Brian (21 February 2018). "Signal Foundation". Signal.org. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Statement of Information" (PDF). businesssearch.sos.ca.gov. California Secretary of State. 28 August 2018. Retrieved 13 February 2019.
- "Brian Acton". Forbes. Retrieved 2021-05-02.
- Sentinel, By Richard Burnett, Orlando. "Billionaire-to-be Brian Acton got tech start at Lake Howell High". orlandosentinel.com. Retrieved 2021-05-02.
- "Facebook turned down WhatsApp co-founder Brian Acton for job in 2009". the Guardian. 2014-02-20. Retrieved 2021-05-02.