|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: bridge.|
Bridge may mean:
- Bridge (structure), a structure built so that a transportation route can cross above an obstacle.
- The Bridge (documentary movie), a movie about suicides on the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Bridge (dentistry), a fixed prosthesis used to replace missing teeth.
- Bridge (exercise), most commonly the balancing of the body on the head and feet.
- Bridge (graph theory), an edge whose removal disconnects a graph.
- Bridge (grappling), a move intended to dislodge an opponent in top control.
- Bridge (prosody), a point in a line of poetry where a break in a word-unit cannot occur.
- Bridge (ship), the area from which a ship is commanded.
- Main Bridge (Star Trek), the control center of Starfleet vessels in the Star Trek universe.
- Contract bridge, a card game.
- Bridge loan, a short-term loan to cover a gap in time until a new long-term financing is realised.
- Adobe Bridge, a program included with the Adobe Creative Suite to link the other programs together
- Hashiwokakero, meaning "build bridges", a Japanese puzzle.
- "bridge the gap": a phrase meaning to connect different things or ideas
- Bridge Records, Inc., a record label
- Bridge (chemical), an unbranched chain of atoms or an atom or a covalent bond connecting two bridgeheads in a polycyclic compound.
- A Salt bridge, in chemistry, is a laboratory device used to connect the oxidation and reduction half-cells of a galvanic cell (electrochemical cell)
- Salt bridge (protein) (or salt bond), in protein chemistry, is the term used to denote chemical bonds between positively and negatively charged side-chains of proteins.
- Bridge rectifier, an electronic circuit for converting alternating current to direct current.
- Wheatstone bridge, an electronic circuit for comparing resistors, capacitors or inductors to high standards of accuracy.
- Bridge (instrument), the device that anchors the strings to or holds the strings above the body of a string instrument, such as a violin or guitar.
- Bridge (music), an interlude that connects two parts of song.
- Bridge pattern, a computer science design used to separate an abstraction and its actual implementation.
- Network bridge, an electronic device used to connect two computer or telephone network segments.
People[change | change source]
- Frank Bridge, composer
Places with the name Bridge[change | change source]
- Bridge, Kent, a place in Kent, England.
- Scotland has many place names in the style of Bridge of Allan.
Other pages[change | change source]
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.