California State University, Long Beach
|Motto||Vox Veritas Vita (Latin)|
Motto in English
|"Speak the truth as a way of life."|
|Endowment||$46.3 million |
|President||F. King Alexander|
|1,858 (967 full-time)|
|Students||36,279 (Fall 2012)|
|Undergraduates||30,931 (Fall 2012)|
|Postgraduates||5,148 (Fall 2012)|
|Location||Long Beach, California, United States|
|Campus||Urban, 323 acres (131 ha)|
|Colors||Gold and Black|
|Athletics||18 varsity teams,|
NCAA Division I
|Nickname||49ers, Dirtbags, The Beach|
|Affiliations||California State University system; Big West Conference,|
Mountain Pacific Sports Federation, AASCU, ASAIHL
California State University, Long Beach (also known as Cal State Long Beach, Long Beach State, CSULB, LBSU, or The Beach) is the second largest campus of the California State University (CSU) system and the third largest university in the state of California by enrollment. The University is located at the southeastern coastal tip of Los Angeles County.
CSULB has been recognized repeatedly as one of "America's Best Value Colleges" by the Princeton Review. More than 30 factors are considered to rate the colleges in four categories: academics, tuition GPA (the sticker price minus average amount students receive in gift aid scholarships and grants), financial aid (how well colleges meet students' financial need) and student borrowing.
Long Beach State has also been ranked as one of the top five public master's degree-granting institutions in the West by U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges Guide". It is also home to the largest publicly funded art school west of the Mississippi. The university currently operates with one of the lowest student fees in the country at US $4,370 per year for full-time students having California residence.
References[change | change source]
- "University Facts Fall 2010" (PDF).
- "Institutional Research and Assessment". web-apps.csulb.edu.
- "CSU - AS - Term Enrollment Summary - Fall 2009". www.calstate.edu.
- "Google Maps". Google Maps.
- The Beach Review, Spring 2006: Princeton Review Ranks Cal State Long Beach No. 3 Best Value Public College in the United States. Public Affairs and Publications. Retrieved August 10, 2007
- "U.S. News & World Report: September 3, 2008".
- Fees and Finances - Basics. Division of Administration & Finance. Retrieved July 8, 2009
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to California State University, Long Beach.|