From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- You might be looking for the weapon cannon
'Canon' comes from a Latin word meaning “rule” or “law”.
The word canon may mean:
- About the church:
- Canon Law is a rule or law of the church.
- A Canon (Bible) can be one of the books of the Bible which state the Christian belief.
- A Canon (church) is a member of the Chapter of a cathedral or other large church. He may or may not be ordained as a priest.
- The canon of saints is the list of all saints.
- Canon (music) is music in which two or more parts ("voices") imitate one another.
- Canon (fiction), when used to describe fiction, is all the plots and events that are part of the narrative.
- Canon (company) is the name of a Japanese camera company.
- Canon (Georgia) is the name of a small City in Northeast Georgia (USA).
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.