|Type||Public, Graduate engineering school|
|Affiliations||Conférence des Grandes Écoles|
University of Paris-Saclay
- Ingénieur CentraleSupélec (Graduate Engineer program, leading to the Diplôme d'Ingénieur)
- Master of Science & Doctorat (Doctorate studies, leading to PhD)
- Mastères Spécialisés (Specialized Masters; MS)
- Massive Online Open Course
The academic and research programs, including industrial research collaborations, are mainly offered in French in English.
Most of the 5000 students in the Graduate Engineer program at CentraleSupélec live in dedicated student residences near the research labs and metro train station. Some of the campus facilities are shared with 65,000 students from other constituent schools of the University of Paris-Saclay.
History[change | change source]
Admission[change | change source]
Admission to the CentraleSupélec Programme (2-year curriculum) is by:
- a French nationwide selective exam with numerus clausus: concours Centrale-Supelec (3-year curriculum including at least 2 years in France)
- a selective application from Top Industrial Managers for Europe (TIME) double degrees procedures applicable in Europe (2+2-year curriculum, including 2 years in France)
The CentraleSupélec Programme typically lasts three years. It results in a master's degree, in addition to international experience. The undergraduate studies plus the CentraleSupélec Programme account for more than a 300 ECTS credits in the European education system.
However, graduate students enrolled in the TIME double degree program are required to spend two-years at CentraleSupélec and spend two years in the TIME-partner institute for a total of four years. This results in a double master's degree.
Research labs[change | change source]
Research activities at CentraleSupélec relate to the following topics:
- Materials and Procedures
- Mechanics, Energetics and Combustion
- Applied Physics
- Applied Mathematics
- Technology and IT Systems
- Signal processing, Automation
- Electrical Engineering, Electronics
- Industrial Engineering, Economics and Administration
References[change | change source]
- (in French) Le classement mondial QS des universités distingue cinq établissements français
- (in French) « Avec Centrale-Supélec, nous ne voulons pas seulement mélanger deux cultures mais créer une nouvelle école » Archived 2016-02-08 at the Wayback Machine
- Concours Centrale-Supelec
- TIME double degrees
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to CentraleSupélec.|