There are many types of Chianti:
- Chianti is a really famous red wine. It is put into a "fiasco", a traditional Italian straw-covered wine bottle.
- Chianti Classico a kind of Chianti. It is proteced by the Italian laws and can only be made in the provinces of Florence and Siena.
- Chianti Colli Aretini a kind of Chianti made only in the Arezzo area.
- Chianti Colli Fiorentini a kind of Chianti made only in the Florence area.
- Chianti Colline Pisane a kind of Chianti made only in the Pisa area.
- Chianti Colli Senesi a kind of Chianti made only in the Siena area.
- Chianti Montalbanoa kind of Chianti made only in the areas of Prato, Florence and Pistoia.
- Chianti Montespertoli another kind of Chianti made near Florence
- Chianti Rùfina a kind of Chianti, first made in the area of "Rufina", near Florence
- Chianti Superiore a special Chianti, made in Arezzo, Florence, Pisa, Pistoia and Siena. This Chianti is costs more than others kinds of Chianti.
- Vin Santo del Chianti a kind of sweet wine. It is made in the areas of Arezzo, Florence, Pisa, Pistoia, Prato and Siena
- Vin Santo del Chianti Classico a kind of sweet wine made only in the areas of Florence and Siena