|Birth name||Christopher Ryan Hardwick|
|Born||November 23, 1971|
Louisville, Kentucky, USA
|Medium||Stand-up, music, television, film, podcasting|
|Genres||Observational comedy, sarcasm, musical comedy|
|Subject(s)||Human behavior, self-deprecation, pop culture, nerd culture|
Lydia Hearst (m. 2016)
|Notable works and roles||Hard 'n Phirm|
Host of Singled Out
Host of Wired Science
Host of Web Soup
Host of The Nerdist Podcast
Otis in the Back at the Barnyard series
Host of Talking Dead
Host of BBC America's Ministry of Laughs
Christopher Ryan Hardwick is an actor/comedian. He is best known for performing with Mike Phirman in Hard 'n Phirm, hosting Singled Out, Wired Science, Web Soup, and The Nerdist Podcast, and the current voice of Otis in Back at the Barnyard. He often shows up at G4TV studio as a guest on Attack Of The Show. He also does the Nerdist podcast which is a podcast discussing daily life, comedy, pop culture, and includes interviews with other celebrities. In 2011 he began hosting a live half-hour talk show on the AMC network, Talking Dead.
Personal life[change | change source]
Hardwick gave up drinking alcohol in 2003. He dated singer Lisa Loeb in 2004. He was in a relationship with actress Janet Varney from 2004 until 2011. Hardwick is married to Lydia Hearst.
References[change | change source]
- "G4 Picks Up Web Soup, nerdist.com, May 2009". Archived from the original on 2009-05-20. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- Hardwick, Chris (February 8, 2010). "The Nerdist Podcast: Now A Thing!". nerdist.com. Archived from the original on August 9, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- Comedy Death-Ray Radio #88, 23 minute mark
- Nerdist Podcast #147: Jimmy Pardo Nerdist.com, December 12, 2011
- "Chris Hardwick: Nerdism for Fun and Profit". Gothamist. 30 June 2009. Archived from the original on 19 July 2017. Retrieved 13 April 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Chris Hardwick as guest on "Making It" with Riki Lindhome". 22 November 2011. Archived from the original on 25 November 2011. Retrieved 23 November 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Comment on this Facebook photo posted by Dykstra: "Boyfriend (on the right) is doing a segment on his show with him."]