Clinton, Oneida County, New York
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Clinton, New York
|• Total||0.6 sq mi (1.5 km2)|
|• Land||0.6 sq mi (1.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||604 ft (184 m)|
|• Density||3,349.4/sq mi (1,293.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0946885|
Important people that lived in Clinton[change | change source]
- Richard Nelson Bach Jr., captain and leading scorer of the EHL's Clinton Comets 1956 EHL hockey championship. Two time MVP and three time scoring champion. Voted into Hall of Fame on first vote in 1961.
- Clara Barton, founder of American Red Cross
- Grover Cleveland, lived in Clinton for a short time as a child
- Harriet McDoul Daniels
- Ulysses S. Grant III.
- Mark Hopkins
- Samuel Kirkland, a missionary among the Oneida, obtained a charter for Hamilton College in 1812.
- Mary Lyon
- Christian Heinrich Friedrich Peters, Danish-born astronomer; working at Litchfield Observatory, Hamilton College, he discovered 48 asteroids.
- Elihu Root, born in Clinton and attended Hamilton College.
- Leland Stanford, student in Clinton.
Geography[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clinton, Oneida County, New York.|