|Members||Craig Minowa |
|Past members||Martin Begue |
History[change | change source]
The band was made in 1995, when Minowa got other musicians together to help out with some of his solo music, or music made by himself. The band's early music was liked by many record labels. The labels made many offers to sell Cloud Cult's music, but the band decided to self-publish instead, which means that they make their albums themselves without the help of a company.  As the band became more popular and started playing live more often, Connie Minowa and Scott West started painting onstage during shows. .
The band's newest album, Feel Good Ghosts (Tea-Partying Through Tornadoes) was released on April 8, 2008. The album is their most popular album yet. Also in 2008, a documentary about the band was made.
In October of 2008, the band had a song in an animated Esurance commercial. The band is shown playing their instruments while floating on clouds. After making the commercial, the band put a few songs on Esurance's website. The songs are available to freely download.
Band members[change | change source]
- Craig Minowa - singer/songwriter
- Arlen Peiffer - drums
- Sarah Young - cello
- Shannon Frid - violin
- Shawn Neary - bass/trombone
- Connie Minowa - visual artist
- Scott West - visual artist/trumpet
- Allan Wetzel - visual artist/keyboard
References[change | change source]
- "Surviving the Golden Age: Interview: Craig Minowa of Cloud Cult".
- "Calendar - First Avenue". first-avenue.com.
- "Read". www.kexp.org.
- "cloud cult 1sheet.indd" (PDF).
- Raihala, Ross. "The Band: Cloud Cult." St. Paul Pioneer Press 6 Apr. 2008: E8.