13 October 1996 – 8 November 2003
|Main region(s)||Greater London, Kent|
|Other region(s)||East Sussex, West Sussex, Surrey|
|Fleet size||approximately 350|
|Stations called at||178|
|National Rail abbreviation||CX|
|Website||connex.co.uk at the Wayback Machine (archived 2001-04-05)|
On 8 November 2003, Its services were stopped because of money problems and using old trains instead of buying new ones.
Services[change | change source]
Connex South Eastern ran passenger services from London Blackfriars, London Bridge, London Cannon Street, London Charing Cross and London Victoria to Hayes, Bromley North, Ramsgate, Dover Priory, Folkestone Harbour and Ore.
Trains[change | change source]
Connex South Eastern had taken on a large fleet of slam-door and power-door electric multiple units from Network SouthEast. The slam-door EMUs were Class 411s, Class 421s and Class 423s, built between 1956 and 1974, while the power-door EMUs were Class 365s, Class 465s and Class 466s, built between 1991 and 1995 as part of Network SouthEast's Networker family.
Between 4 February and 20 March 2002, because of a shortage of trains, a preserved Class 201 Hastings unit was on loan to Connex South Eastern to operate two return journeys on Monday to Fridays between Charing Cross and Hastings.
|365 Networker Express||EMU||16||4||1994–1995|
|375 Electrostar||EMU||112||3 or 4||1999–2005|
|508||EMU||12||3||1979–1980||Transferred from Merseyrail|
References[change | change source]
- Companies House extract company no 3006571 Connex South Eastern Limited
- "Connex loses rail franchise", BBC News Online, London, 24 October 2000.
- Class 508 Archived 27 November 2015 at the Wayback Machine Kent Rail
- Class 508 - The Final Months Archived 27 July 2014 at the Wayback Machine Southern Electric Group
- "Class 508s return south after eight years away" Rail Magazine issue 311 13 August 1997 page 11
- "Connex 508s go to work on Isle of Sheppey line" Rail Magazine issue 338 26 August 1998 page 15
- "Class 508/2s launched on Connex South East" The Railway Magazine issue 1170 October 1998 page 65
- Class 375 Electrostar Kent Rail
- "Connex Rail places £90 million order for 30 new EMUs from Adtranz" Rail Magazine issue 308 2 July 1997 page 7
- "Connex Electrostars make passenger debut" Rail Magazine issue 407 18 April 2001 page 17
- "1001 on Hastings – Charing Cross services". Hastings Diesels Limited. 15 May 2002. Retrieved 16 May 2022.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Connex South Eastern at Wikimedia Commons
As part of British Rail
| Operator of Network SouthEast franchise
1996 - 2003
South Eastern Trains