Jump to navigation Jump to search
In urban planning, a core city, principal city metropolitan core, or central city, is the largest or most important city or cities of a metropolitan area. A core city is surrounded by smaller satellite cities, towns, and suburbs.
References[change | change source]
- "Principal Cities 2012 Demographic Economic Patterns General Demographics".
- Caves, R. W. (2004). Encyclopedia of the City. Routledge. p. 72.
- "Central city definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary".
- "Definition of CENTRAL CITY". www.merriam-webster.com.
- "Principal Cities 2012 Demographic Economic Patterns General Demographics". proximityone.com.