Cortex is a word that comes from Latin language, and that is usually translated as shell or bark. The term is used for different concepts:
- Cortex (botany), the outer layer of a stem or bark.
- Cortex (archaeology), the outer layer of rock
- Cell cortex, directly below the cell membrane
- Cortex (anatomy), the outermost layer of an organ
- Renal cortex, the outermost layer of the kidney
- Adrenal cortex, the outermost layer of the adrenal gland
- Cerebral cortex, a region of the brain
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cortex.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.