From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cortex is a word that comes from Latin language, and that is usually translated as shell or bark. The term is used for different concepts:
- Cortex (botany), the outer layer of a stem or bark.
- Cortex (archaeology), the outer layer of rock
- Cell cortex, directly below the cell membrane
- Cortex (anatomy), the outermost layer of an organ
- Cerebral cortex, a region of the brain
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.