Crime in Bangladesh
Crime in Bangladesh includes many different crimes. Some of these crimes are done by an individual and some crimes are organized by a group. Examples of crime are: drug trafficking, money laundering, extortion, murder for hire, fraud, human trafficking, robbery, corruption, black market, political violence, terrorism, abduction, etc.
Bangladesh is used to move narcotics made in neighboring countries. A 2007 report said that Bangladesh is now the main point for the movement and trafficking of heroin from Southeast Asia to the European market .
A total of 10,331 homicides were reported from 2001 to 2003. This is a large increase.
For the Asia Pacific region, Bangladesh is ranked as one of the main countries for software piracy. It is believed that software vendors lose around 102 million US dollars every year to this black market trade. There is no strict law to stop this practice.
References[change | change source]
- "CIA World Factbook - Bangladesh". CIA World Factbook.
- "Bangladesh transit route for heroin trafficking". Archived from the original on 2008-04-04. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- Dilip K. Das, Michael Palmiotto (2006). World Police Encyclopedia. Taylor & Francis. pp. p69. ISBN 0-415-94251-9.
|pages=has extra text (help)
- Bangladesh tops software piracy in Asia Pacific , Article by The Daily Star Published on 2009-05-15
- "2008 Software Piracy losses by Country".
- "2011 Corruption Perceptions". Transparency International. Retrieved 31 October 2012.