"A premier hometown"
|Town of Dallas||1854|
|City of Dallas||1951|
|• Total||7.42 sq mi (19.21 km2)|
|• Land||7.38 sq mi (19.12 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.09 km2)|
|Elevation||1,043 ft (318 m)|
|• Density||1,902.45/sq mi (734.55/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||2404179|
Dallas is the county seat of Paulding County, Georgia, United States. As of the 2020 census, the city had a population of 14,042. It was named for George M. Dallas, Vice President of the United States of America under James K. Polk.
Notable residents[change | change source]
- Cecil Butler, professional baseball player
- Jayne County, punk rock star
- Christopher Dudley, Keyboardist of UnderOATH
- Spencer Scott, Playboy Playmate October 2007
- Ray Traylor (May 2, 1963 – September 22, 2004), American professional wrestler. He was best known for his appearances with World Wrestling Entertainment under the ring name Big Boss Man (sometimes spelled Big Bossman).
- Zack Wheeler, pitcher, #6 overall pick in the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft for the New York Mets
- Brandy Blair, Penthouse pet and pornstar
- Travis Tritt, Country Music Star
References[change | change source]
- "2020 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved December 18, 2021.
- "QuickFacts: Dallas city, Georgia". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved September 18, 2023.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- "City of Dallas". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. March 10, 2008. Retrieved August 16, 2021.