Dan Johnson (Kentucky politician)
Danny Ray "Dan" Johnson (October 18, 1960 – December 13, 2017) was an American evangelical pastor and Republican politician. He was a member of the Kentucky House of Representatives, representing the 49th District serving from January 2017 until his death in December. He was born and raised in Bastrop, Louisiana.
In December 2017, Johnson was accused of having molested a member of his church in 2012 when she was 17 years old. The Republican Party of Kentucky called on Johnson to resign the same day the allegations were published. The following day, Johnson held a news conference at his church where he claimed the allegations were untrue and were politically motivated.
References[change | change source]
- "House District 49". www.lrc.ky.gov. Retrieved December 14, 2017.
- Dunlop, R.G.; Ryan, Jacob. "The Pope's Long Con". Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting. Retrieved December 14, 2017.
- "Kentucky Republicans call for resignation of GOP lawmaker accused of molesting girl". Retrieved December 14, 2017.
- "Kentucky Rep. Dan Johnson won't resign, says sexual abuse allegations are politically motivated". Retrieved December 14, 2017.
- "Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson commits suicide on bridge in Mt. Washington". Louisville: WDRB. December 13, 2017. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- Maggie Astor, Kentucky Lawmaker Kills Himself Amid Sexual Assault Allegations, Officials Say,New York Times (December 13, 2017).