"Drums of our Fathers Monument" in Dangriga, Belize
The Culture Capital, Griga
|• Mayor of Dangriga||Aaron Gongora|
|Elevation||sea level m (0 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central)|
|Website||Official Dangriga Website|
Dangriga, formerly known as Stann Creek Town, is a town in southern Belize. It is on the Caribbean coast at the mouth of Stann Creek. It is the capital of Belize's Stann Creek District and also the largest town in southern Belize. It is served by the Dangriga Airport.
Attractions[change | change source]
- Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary is to the southwest of Dangriga.
- Mayflower Archeological Reserve has three ruins, two waterfalls and a view of Hopkins village as well as of the Caribbean Sea.
Healthcare[change | change source]
The city is served by Southern Regional Hospital.
Notable residents[change | change source]
- Arlie Petters, mathematician and astrophysicist
- Pen Cayetano, artist and musician living in Germany. Originator of Punta Rock.
References[change | change source]
- "Travel - Yahoo Lifestyle". www.yahoo.com.