Danica Patrick (born March 25 1982) is an American auto racer and model. She is the first female to win an IndyCar Series race. She also has the highest finish by a woman in the Indianapolis 500 in third place. She is currently competing in the NASCAR Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series. In the 2013 Daytona 500, Patrick became the first woman in the Sprint Cup to earn pole position, and led a few laps, also a first for female drivers. Patrick finished 8th, the highest by a female. Patrick was born in Beloit, Wisconsin.
Sources[change | change source]
- "Danica Patrick Makes History With Indy Japan 300 Win". Fox News. 2008-04-20. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351847,00.html. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- "Danica Patrick's Top 12 Moments". Sports Illustrated. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0912/danica.patrick.top.10.moments/content.4.html. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- "Danica Patrick joins NASCAR". F1 Fanatic. 2009-12-08. http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/12/08/danica-patrick-joins-nascar/. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- "Patrick to run 10 Sprint Cup races in No. 10 car in 2012". Skirts and Scuffs. 2011-11-04. http://www.skirtsandscuffs.com/2011/11/patrick-to-run-10-sprint-cup-races-in.html. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- "Danica Patrick wins pole for NASCAR's Daytona 500". Huffington Post. 2013-02-17. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130217/car-nascar-daytona-500/. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Danica Patrick finishes eighth in Daytona 500". USA Today. 2013-02-24. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2013/02/24/daytona-500-2013-danica-patrick/1943125/. Retrieved 2013-06-18.