Daniel Tosh at Boston University.
May 29, 1975 |
Boppard, Rhineland-Palatinate, West Germany
|Medium||Stand up comedy, television|
|Genres||Observational comedy, Satire, Sarcasm, Black comedy|
Early life[change | change source]
Tosh was born in Germany but grew up in Titusville, Florida. His father was a preacher. He had one brother and two sisters. After graduating from Astronaut High School in 1993 and later the University of Central Florida with a degree in marketing, Tosh moved to Los Angeles where he lives with his dog. 
Career[change | change source]
Tosh's first big career break came in 2001 with his performance on the Late Show with David Letterman. His first attempt to appear on the show was cut short, though, due to time limits caused by the star guest, Eric Kraff, overlapping with his segment. He followed with appearances on programs such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel Live! and Comedy Central's Premium Blend. In 2003, he performed in his own thirty-minue special on Comedy Central Presents. On June 17, 2007, Comedy Central aired a stand-up special featuring Tosh, Daniel Tosh: Completely Serious. He also hosted an episode of Comedy Central's Live at Gotham. Tosh is also a regular guest on The Bob & Tom Show. He had a small part in the feature film In the Army Now starring Pauly Shore and Andy Dick. He also had a bit part in The Love Guru,
Works[change | change source]
Tosh has released two albums, True Stories I Made Up, which was released on November 8, 2005 by Comedy Central and Daniel Tosh: Completely Serious, which was released on June 17, 2007 by Comedy Central. His Comedy Central TV show Tosh.0 premiered on June 4, 2009.
Releases[change | change source]
- True Stories I Made Up (CD, 2005)
- Daniel Tosh: Completely Serious (DVD, 2007)
- Happy Thoughts (CD/DVD, 2011)
References[change | change source]
- "Daniel Tosh". Dead-Frog. Retrieved 2007-06-17.
- "Biography". DanielTosh.com. Retrieved 2007-06-17.
- Thompson, Rodney. "Jaguar Productions presents Daniel Tosh". Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- Wenzel, John. "Comedian Q&A: Daniel Tosh". The Denver Post. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- Cuneo, Jessamyn (January 2007). "Over The Edge With Daniel Tosh". American Superstar Magazine. Retrieved 2007-06-17.
- "Push for Tosh at Comedy Central". Variety.com. Retrieved 2009-03-13.