Darsi Ferrer Ramírez
Darsi Ferrer Ramírez (2 November 1969 – 6 October 2017), was a Cuban doctor, journalist, director of Juan Bruno Zayas Health and Human Rights Center, and a dissident. He put in jail by President Fidel Castro.
He organized protests at the UNESCO headquarters in Havana and published about poverty in Cuba. He was arrested and went on a hunger strike. Ferrer was facing up to 8 years in prison. He was released on 22 June 2010.
Ramírez in Havana on 6 October 2017 at the age of 47.
References[change | change source]
- "Jailed dissident doctor to be charged". Miami Herald.
- "Doctor and journalist arrested and taken to Havana jail". Reporters Without Borders. Archived from the original on 2009-07-30. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Dissident doctor on hunger strike". Miami Herald.
- "Temen una dura condena para opositor".
- Real Cuba Blog, Dr. Darsi Ferrer has been released