City and former municipality
Skyline of Delfzijl in 2011
Location of the former municipality in the province of Groningen
|• Total||227.50 km2 (87.84 sq mi)|
|• Land||133.07 km2 (51.38 sq mi)|
|• Water||94.43 km2 (36.46 sq mi)|
|• Density||186/km2 (480/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Delfzijl is a small city and former municipality in the very north of the Netherlands, in the province of Groningen. It has around 25,000 inhabitants. It has the fifth most important seaport in the country. Since 2021, it has been part of the new municipality of Eemsdelta.
References[change | change source]
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2020" [Key figures for neighbourhoods 2020]. StatLine (in Dutch). CBS. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- (in Dutch) Netnummer zoeken, Telefoonboek.nl. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- "Postcodetool for 9934EA". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official website (in Dutch)
- Media related to Delfzijl at Wikimedia Commons
- Delfzijl travel guide from Wikivoyage