Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines, Inc. is a large airline from the United States. They are headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Their largest hub is also in Atlanta. Delta's first flight was in 1929.  In 1972, Delta merged with Northeast Airlines.  In 1987, Delta merged with Western Airlines.  In 2009, they merged with Northwest Airlines. Until 2013, Delta was the worlds largest airline.  As of 2016, the airline goes to 334 cities and has 819 planes. 
Gallery[change | change source]
A Delta A320 at Las Vegas
References[change | change source]
- "Delta Air Lines' First Passenger Flight — 1929". 12 February 2014.
- "Northeast Airlines". www.deltamuseum.org.
- Ap (7 April 1987). "COMPANY NEWS; Delta-Western Merger Allowed" – via NYTimes.com.
- James G. Thomas Jr.; Charles Reagan Wilson (2012). The New Encyclopedia of Southern Culture: Volume 22: Science and Medicine. UNC Press Books. p. 33. ISBN 978-0-8078-3743-6.
- "Delta Air Lines Fleet Details and History". www.planespotters.net.
Other websites[change | change source]