Dharmasena Pathiraja (28 March 1943 – 28 January 2018) was a Sri Lankan movie director, screenwriter and educator. He was born in Kandy, Sri Lanka. He was known for his movies Eya Dan Loku Lamayek (1975) and Bambaru Avith (1978).
Pathiraja started his academic career at the University of Kelaniya as an assistant lecturer. Later he worked as a lecturer in several Sri Lankan universities, including, University of Jaffna, University of Ruhuna and University of Colombo.
References[change | change source]
- "This is not my best". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "9th Moscow International Film Festival (1975)". MIFF. Archived from the original on 16 January 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-05.
- Film director and screenwriter Dharmasena Pathiraja passes away
Other websites[change | change source]
- Sri Lanka Sinhala Films Database - Dharmasena Pathiraja
- Dharmasena Pathiraja on IMDb
- One League of Social Consciousness:Dharmasena Pathiraja Speaks
- Conversation with Sri Lankan Director Dharmasena Pathiraja