Don Pedro Colley
Don Pedro Colley (August 30, 1938 – October 11, 2017) was an American actor. Some of his best known roles include Gideon on Daniel Boone, Ongaro in Beneath the Planet of the Apes, SRT in George Lucas' THX 1138, Joshua in The Legend of Nigger Charley and Sheriff Little in the 1980s TV series The Dukes of Hazzard.
Colley was born in Klamath Falls, Oregon. He studied at the University of Oregon. He played American football and track and field (athletics), which led to an unsuccessful try-out for the 1960 Summer Olympics. Colley died on October 11, 2017 in Klamath Falls after a battle with cancer at the age of 79.
References[change | change source]
- "Don Pedro Colley The New York Times". The New York Times. Archived from the original on August 10, 2010. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- Handley, Rich. Timeline of the Planet of the Apes: The Definitive Chronology. Hasslein Books, 2009. Page 195.
- Greenspun, Roger (March 12, 1971). "THX 1138 (1971) Lucas's 'THX1138':Love Is a Punishable Crime in Future". The New York Times.
- Thompson, Howard (May 18, 1972). "'The Legend of Nigger Charley'". The New York Times. Missing or empty
- Don Pedro Colley (1938-2017)