Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Provision of clean water and air
- Flood control
- Pollination of crops
- Mitigation of environmental hazards
- Pest and disease control
- Carbon sequestration
- Aesthetic, cultural and ethical values associated with biodiversity.
The Millennium Ecosystem Assessment released in 2005 showed that 60% of ecosystem services are used in a way that destroys them.
References[change | change source]
- Ecosystem Services: A Primer Archived 2010-07-26 at the Wayback Machine, Ecological Society of America (ESA)
- The New Economy of Nature: The Quest to Make Conservation Profitable (ISBN 1-55963-945-8), Gretchen C. Daily and Katherine Ellison.
- Ecosystem Services: Backgrounder Archived 2006-12-09 at the Wayback Machine, The Ecosystem Marketplace