Eduard von Falz-Fein
Baron Eduard Oleg Alexandrowitsch von Falz-Fein (14 September 1912 – 17 November 2018) was a Russian-born Liechtenstein businessman and journalist.
Biography[change | change source]
He was known as a "sports diplomat" who initiated the Olympic movement in Liechtenstein and vice president of Liechtenstein Olympic Committee in the mid-1930s. He was born in Gavrilovka, Kherson Oblast.
In 1951 and from 1953-73, he was President of the Liechtenstein Cycling Association. He turned 100 on 14 September 2012. Falz-Fein died in a house fire in Vaduz on 17 November 2018 at the age of 106.
References[change | change source]
- "В Лихтенштейне скончался барон Эдуард фон Фальц-Фейн". Эхо Москвы.
- "Russian-born art patron turns 100". Voice of Russia. 14 September 2012. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- Танаев, Илья (18 November 2018). "СМИ сообщили о смерти 106-летнего мецената Эдуарда фон Фальц-Фейна". Известия.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Задерейчук А.А. Фальц-Фейны в Таврии. - Симферополь: ДОЛЯ, 2010.
- article 2007 (in German)
- Massie, Robert K. (1995). The Romanovs: The Final Chapter.
- Sack, John (1959). Report from Practically Nowhere. New York: Curtis Publishing Company. pp. 93–107.