Elena Milashina (Russian: Милашина, Елена born 1978) is a Russian investigative journalist for Novaya Gazeta. In October 2009, Milashina received Human Rights Watch's Alison Des Forges Award for Extraordinary Activism.
In the early morning of April 5, 2012, two unidentified people attacked Milashina and her friend Ella Asoyan in the Balashika neighborhood of Moscow.
Related pages[change | change source]
- 2013 International Women of Courage Awards, U.S. State Department photostream on Flickr
- Secretary's International Women of Courage Award (U.S. Department of State)
References[change | change source]
- "Elena Milashina, Russia". Human Rights Watch web site. October 1, 2009.
- "Investigative Journalist Brutally Beaten in Russia". Committee to Protect Journalists web site. April 5, 2012.
- "Dissident Tibetan Writer Wins The US Government 2013 International Women of Courage Award".
- "2013 International Women of Courage Award Winners".
- "2013 International Women of Courage Award Winners - HumanRights.gov is the official United States Government website for international human rights related information". Archived from the original on 2017-01-05. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- "2013 International Women of Courage Award Winners - International Women of Courage Celebration".
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elena Milashina.|