Elle Macpherson in Sydney in 2011
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Hair colour||Light brown|
|Dress size||(EU) 40|
Gilles Bensimon (1986–1989)|
Arpad Busson (1995–2005)
Elle Macpherson (born Eleanor Nancy Gow on 29 March 1964, in Killara, New South Wales, Australia) is an Australian supermodel and actress. She first became famous because of her advertisements for Coca-Cola where she wore a string bikini. She became a supermodel and became very famous. She is part owner of a cafe in America. She has been in a movie called Sirens. Macpherson is nicknamed "the body" because some people say she has a perfect body.
Personal life[change | change source]
Macpherson met Gilles Bensimon in 1984 on a photo-session for Elle magazine. They were married in May 1986, and divorced in 1989. Macpherson has two sons, Arpad Flynn Alexander Busson (born 14 February 1998), and Aurelius Cy Andrea Busson (born 4 February 2003). The father is her former partner, French financier Arpad Busson.
Macpherson lives most of the time in Britain along with her two sons. She speaks fluent French and conversational Italian and Spanish.
From 2010 to early 2012, Macpherson was in a relationship with property developer Jeff Soffer.
Filmography[change | change source]
|1996||If Lucy Fell||Jane Lindquist|
|1996||Jane Eyre||Blanche Ingram|
|1996||The Mirror Has Two Faces||Candice|
|1997||Batman & Robin||Julie Madison|
|1997||The Edge||Mickey Morse|
|1998||With Friends Like These...||Samantha Mastandrea|
|2001||A Girl Thing||Lauren Travis||TV movie|
|1996||Saturday Night Live||Herself||"Elle Macpherson/Sting" (season 21: episode 14)|
"John Goodman/Everclear" (season 21: episode 15)
|1999–2000||Friends||Janine LaCroix||"The One Where Phoebe Runs" (season 6: episode 7)|
"The One with Ross' Teeth" (season 6: episode 8)
"The One Where Ross Got High" (season 6: episode 9)
"The One with the Routine" (season 6: episode 10)
"The One with the Apothecary Table" (season 6: episode 11)
|2008||America's Next Top Model||Herself||"Top Model Makeovers" (cycle 10: episode 3)|
|2009||The Beautiful Life: TBL||Claudia Foster||Main role; series canceled after 2 episodes|
|2010–present||Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model||Herself||Host; reality TV series|
|2012–present||Fashion Star||Herself||Host; reality TV series|
References[change | change source]
- Elle MacPherson Profile. Retrieved 8 August 2008.
- "Elle Macpherson takes over Britain's Next Top Model", BBC News, 1 February 2010
- Swift, E.M. (7 February 1989). "What's The Big Deal?". Sports Illustrated. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1068197/2/index.htm.
- "TIPOFF: When fashion photographer Gilles Bensimon...". Lakeland Ledger: 2A. 5 June 1986. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=0qlOAAAAIBAJ&sjid=gPsDAAAAIBAJ&pg=1086,2191814&dq=bensimon.
- "Elle Macpherson Gives Birth To Son In Manhattan". Chicago Tribune. February 17, 1998. Retrieved May 8, 2012.
- "Elle's New Baby Aurelius". Associated Press via The Sun-Herald. February 7, 2003. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- Buckland, Lucy (October 23, 2011). "Elle Macpherson shows 'The Body' nickname is still valid at 47". Daily Mail. UK. Retrieved May 8, 2012.
- Todd, Ben (March 15, 2012). "Has Elle been swapped for a younger model? Macpherson splits with boyfriend of two years". Daily Mail. Retrieved May 8, 2012.