Ellen is a female given name. The pronunciation of the name is [ el-uhn ].It can also be used for a middle name. In Greece, during ancient times, the name meant "sun-ray, lightness". During the mid 2000s, Ellen ranked at 555 for the most popular female names in the United States. There are many celebrities by the name, including Ellen Barkin, Ellen DeGeneres and Ellen Pompeo. This name was used for an Atlantic hurricane in the 1970s.
People[change | change source]
- Ellen DeGeneres , American comedian, actress, writer, and producer
- Ellen Axson Wilson , First Lady of the United States
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf , 24th president of Liberia
- Ellen Burstyn, An American actress
- Ellen Rona Barkin, An American actress and a producer
- Ellen Pompeo, American actress
- Ellen Muth, American actress
References[change | change source]
- "Definition of Ellen | Dictionary.com". www.dictionary.com. Retrieved 2023-03-20.