The FMA IA-58 Pucará is an Argentine military aircraft. It is a twin-turboprops attack aircraft built in all-metal.
Argentina Air Force used the Pucarà for attacks against Port Stanley and the British Army and the Royal Navy. Several of them were shot down by Sea Harrier and British commandos.
Sri Lanka used the Pucarà against the Tamils Tigers.
Argentina, Colombia, Sri Lanka, and Uruguay used this aircraft. Some are enough actives in Argentina in 2013. United Kingdom used one aircraft for trials, it was captured by British commandos.
- Frawley, Gerard, The international directory of military aircraft 2002/2003 . London: Aerospace Publication, 2002. ISBN 1-875671-55-2.
- Gaillard, Pierre, Avions et hélicoptères militaires d'aujourd'hui Paris, France : Larivière éditions, 1999. ISBN 2-907051-24-5.
- Taylor, John WR, Jane's All The World's Aircraft 1982–83. London : Jane's Yearbooks, 1982. ISBN 0-7106-0748-2
- ↑ "FMA IA-58 Pucara (Fortress) Counter-Insurgency Platform / Ground Attack Aircraft - Argentina". www.militaryfactory.com.
- ↑ (in Spanish)http://www.clubpucarero.com.ar/pucamundo.html