She is the author of numerous research papers, articles and books on Azerbaijani ancient and medieval history. She lectures at the Baku State University, Azerbaijan Pedagogical University. She is the head of the Department of Humanities in the Western University in Baku. Farida Mammadova works at the Institute of History of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan. In her research, she is known to be a disciple of the late Azerbaijani historian Ziya Bunyadov.
According to Thomas de Waal, Mammadova "have grasped the Albanian theory to supersede completely Armenians from Caucasus. She has placed the Caucasian Albania in territory of present Republic Armenia: all the territories, churches and monasteries in Republic Armenia have appeared Albanian". He describes Mammadova's theories as "an improved version of what became a very rough tool in Azerbaijan".
During her interviews Mammadova has made anti-Armenian statements:
And, it is known, that on whole planet exactly the Armenian people is distinguished by the absence of spiritual and other human values.
In the world there are only two nations that have national identity, but have not statehood. They are Jews and Armenians. The difference is that Jews have created their state on their historical homeland, and Armenians have created their state not on their historical native land.
Publications[change | change source]
- The History of Albanians by Moses Kalankaytuk as a Source on the Social Organization of Caucasian Albania, Baku,1977.
- Political History and Historical Geography of Caucasian Albania, Baku, 1986
- Le problem de l'ethnos alban-caucasien, "L'antropoloqie sovietique", Paris, 1990
- Christianity in Caucasian Albania 
- Caucasian Albania and the History of Albanians, Baku (in Russian), 2005
Other websites[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Albanian Myth" (in Russian) / V.A. Shnirelman, "Voyni pamyati. Mifi, identichnost i politika v Zakavkazye", Moscow, Academkniga, 2003
- Thomas de Waal, Black Garden, chapter "Urekavank", in Russian, 2005
- Фарида Мамедова: «Разрушив захоронение «Агадеде», армяне в очередной раз пытаются посягнуть на историю Азербайджана», Day.Az daily, January 06, 2006 (in Russian)