Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
|This article does not have any sources. (August 2009)|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends|
Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends is an American–Irish children's cartoon that is shown on Cartoon Network and TG4. It was created by Craig McCracken, who also made The Powerpuff Girls. It premiered in August 13, 2004. The cartoon finished production of its episodes on May 3rd, 2009.
Background Information[change | change source]
In the show's world, imaginary friends are as real as humans. Once the creator decides he or she does not want the imaginary friend anymore, they are sent to live at "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends," an adoption home for the unwanted imaginary friends.
In the ninety-minute debut episode, an imaginary friend named Bloo is allowed to live in the house without being available for adoption, as long as his creator Mac visits him every day at 3 o'clock. The show from this point onwards is about their many silly adventures with their new friends, both imaginary and human.
Characters[change | change source]
The main characters are:
- Mac - The eight-year-old boy who created Bloo. He is the voice of reason most of the time.
- Blooregard "Bloo" Q. Kazoo - A blue imaginary friend shaped like a blob. Bloo is his creator's opposite, as he is wild and troublemaking.
- Wilt - A very tall imaginary friend, with stalk-like eyes and a missing arm. He is gentle and will always help out the others (even if it comes to self-sacrifice).
- Eduardo - An imaginary friend who looks scary and intimidating—but is actually a coward with a big heart. He seems to have a Spanish accent.
- Coco - An imaginary friend who is part bird and all crazy. All she can say is her own name. She consumes objects, then encases them in eggs.
- Frances "Frankie" Foster - A twenty-two-year-old human girl who is Madame Foster's granddaughter, working as the house's maid. She is very kind and friendly, but she has an angry side to her.
- Mr. Herriman - A rabbit, who is the president of the adoption home and Madame Foster's imaginary friend. His strict demeanor and many rules make him unpopular with the other residents of the adoption home (especially Bloo and Frankie).
- Madame Foster - The old lady who first created the adoption home. She is mostly sweet and playful, but has a hidden malicious side to her.