City of Freeport
Location in the state of Texas
|Incorporated||February 10 1917|
|• Mayor||Larry McDonald|
|• Total||13.3 sq mi (34.3 km2)|
|• Land||11.9 sq mi (30.8 km2)|
|• Water||1.4 sq mi (3.6 km2)|
|Elevation||0 (Sea Level) ft (0 m)|
|• Density||1,069.6/sq mi (413/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1357720|
Freeport is a city in Brazoria County, Texas within the Houston – Sugar Land – Baytown Metropolitan Area in Southeast Texas. As of the 2000 U.S. census, the city population was 12,708. Freeport is about sixteen miles from Angleton.
Dow Chemical is the major employer in Freeport, as the company operates a large chemical plant complex in Freeport.
References[change | change source]
- "US Census Bureau Population Finder: Freeport, TX". factfinder.census.gov. Archived from the original on 2009-01-16. Retrieved 2007-2-2. Check date values in:
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Freeport's Official Homepage
- Brazosport ISD's Official Homepage
- Freeport Offshore Fishing Charter Archived 2014-12-19 at the Wayback Machine
- Historic materials about Freeport, hosted by the Portal to Texas History
- Handbook of Texas: Freeport